True is looking for a part-time (up to 30 hrs /week) Accounting & Operations Administrative Assistant to support True’s COO with day-to-day accounting and finance functions, general office duties and special projects. To succeed in this position, you should have an understanding of basic accounting principles and proficiency with computers and software, such as QuickBooks and MS Excel. You should also be trustworthy, efficient, organized and possess strong communication skills.
- Providing support to True’s COO
- Daily / weekly bookkeeping and accounting transaction entry in QuickBooks Online (QBO) system
- Management of accounts receivable (AR) and accounts payable (AP) transactions and processes including entering payments received, inputting bills for payment, weekly check /payment processing, following up on outstanding AR, etc.
- Updating and maintaining daily cash flow forecast spreadsheet and providing weekly updates to CEO & COO
- Client and vendor management in QBO; including maintaining updated forms and records
- Biweekly payroll processing
- Assisting COO in regularly updating and maintaining accurate Monthly Revenue Forecast
- Monthly invoice preparation; including working with the Team to gather all billable transaction data and support, updating the Monthly Invoicing Spreadsheet, and generating draft invoices in QBO for review
- Month-end support including preparation of invoices, bank reconciliations, and other journal entries based on experience and aptitude
- Assistance with setup of new client projects and monitoring of project budgets in Mavenlink (timekeeping / project mgt system); provide regular updates to True’s COO
- Other office, operations and HR administrative duties and projects as assigned
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to working efficiently and accurately
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Motivated, self-starter with positive attitude
- Associate’s (2-year) degree in related field or commensurate experience
- Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping software (QuickBooks preferred)
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Candidates should forward a resume and personalized cover letter to Leah Mussay, COO at email@example.com.